Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Update on Naomi

Naomi has been doing very well in school lately. She is slowly conquering each math concept (not without struggle at times) and she is gobbling up books by the stack-full.
Every week she has a verse that she copies once a day for her handwriting. Last week her spelling words were different fruits, so we used the fruits of the Spirit as her verse. At the end of the week she prints out the verse nicely and we frame it somehow.
Naomi loves to play momma with all her dolls. Here she is with some of her favorites: Lily, Hannah, and Jack. Suzie is also always around, she just didn't make this pic!
Last night I was away teaching a class and Naomi wrote me some sweet notes that were waiting for me when I got home. (I miss you very much. You make my heart fill with joy. With Love, Naomi)

Yesterday we struggled mightily through number families. Today, Naomi conquered them! She was so proud that she wrote her journal about it! (Today is February 2nd, 2010. I like number families. Because yesterday I was disobedient because I got them wrong. I got a spanking. Today I got every problem right.) Just so you know: I didn't spank Naomi for getting the number family problems wrong! But she did get an bad attitude spanking. : )

1 comment:

Granna said...

Good job, Naomi. And I'm collecting another set of books at my house that you might enjoy. Can't wait to see all of you on Sunday.