Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our Weekend

This past Friday our family set out for Alabama. Bethany, Jacob, and Naomi stayed with their Grandad and Granna while Nate and I went to see G.I. Joe then headed to a cabin by a lake.
On Saturday night the big kids camped out with Grandad. And this is not just backyard camping; my dad is REALLY brave. He took them up to Mount Cheaha where he used to take my brother and me camping. They braved the mist and the wind and the rain and loved every minute of it.
Part of the loving camping included cookies AND roasted marshmallows. I don't think they were supposed to tell me how many sweets they ate, but it's caught here forever in the pictures!
the campsite
Nate and I really enjoyed our get-away. We spent a lot of time quietly floating on rafts in the lake and quietly resting and quietly cooking and eating our meals and quietly talking about all the trips we want our family to take in the future. Did I mention it was a really quiet weekend? Thanks Grandad and Granna and Aunt Kim (who offered the cabin) for a great weekend away!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You're welcome!! Glad you enjoyed it!