Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Confession


I have a confession to make. I'm a mass murderer. Every morning I awake with a desire to wipe out as many as I can. I have thousands on my record. This is beginning to be a little bit of a problem, I think. Not only have I murdered, but I have taught my children as well, and "Kill it!" is a common command in our house. Bethany is a little too young to be in on it yet, but basically the rest of our family is guilty. And yes, the victims are ants. Many, many ants have been killed--in our kitchen mostly, but wherever we find them, we gleefully squish, stomp, or smear as many as we can. Nate has poisoned outside, we have cleaned inside, and still they come. I guess our next step is to hire a professional; hopefully they will accomplish what our futile murdering spree has not, and hopefully too, our children will not be permanently scarred by our murderous rampages.

4 comments:

McClureFamily said...

Yuck! I completely understand. We have to get out house sprayed about every 30 days. I loathe those little things. The most shocking place I have found them is inside my iron. I was shocked until I realized they were looking for water. So, I've learned not to have any standing water anywhere. I even have to make sure we don't leave wet washclothes in the bathtub. Ugggg....I know there are lots of home remedies for getting rid of them. Have you tried any of those inside?

Jonathan and Audra Payne said...

LOL! You are too funny. Ants are pesky little things! I hope you guys can get rid of them soon! Are they the kind that bite?!

Olivia said...

I guess I did forget to mention that they don't bite. They are tiny and annoying, but thank goodness we're not dealing with lethal!

Alison said...

We've been having issues with them too and it's so irritating! I've tried baby powder, which works as long as you leave it out (but who wants their baby crawling through that?) and vinegar kills them, but won't keep them away. I'm just hoping we can keep them under control for three more weeks and then they'll be someone else's problem! LOL