Friday, March 18, 2011

Funnies from the Bethany Girl

The other morning Bethany awoke in one of those highly verbal, very funny moods. The first words out of her mouth when she came into the family room were,
"Oh. My. Word! This hair is in my face!"
When I asked if she wanted breakfast, she said,
"No, I don't want breakfast. Okay, I was only teasing I do want breakfast."
When I type it out, it doesn't seem all that funny, but when you add her cute little voice and her  funny way of talking as if she were all grown up, it is quite hilarious.
As we walked into breakfast she began shouting to Naomi,
"I AM SO BOSSY!"
and later
"I AM SO MEAN TO YOU!"
Here she's being comforted by her sympathetic big sister because she has to wear that shawl to church.
On the way down the mountain the other night, Bethany was holding her stuffed cat. She said,
"My cat is so happy that we're going somewhere!"
She is constantly saying something that cracks Nate and me up. 
Today when I said, "Oh, look there's a bird on the bird feeder," she looked up at me thoughtfully and said, "'Member when we saw that movie in the theater?" 'Feeder' and 'theater' sound just alike to her, and when I said them carefully to her to show her the difference, I couldn't really hear much of a difference either!

No comments: